Senior Data Scientist - Machine Learning Operations
Reimagining the future of education with us
Are you passionate about disrupting the future of education and to make a real impact? Do you want a career in an edtech company that is innovative and rewarding? Join us and enjoy working alongside an international team of talented thinkers, doers and magic makers.
We reimagine learning by enabling every student in the world to unlock their full potential through affordable and inspiring lessons from quality tutors chosen to fit their individual needs. To make our mission reality, we are on the lookout for those adventurous and hungry to join our mission!
At GoStudent, we work passionately every day to fulfill our mission in building the #1 global school and unlocking the potential of every student through personalized tutoring! GoStudent is a leading international scale-up and venture-backed EdTech platform that is revolutionizing the world of tutoring. Having seen some incredible growth, GoStudent is now building out its foundations for an exciting and sustainable future. With this in mind, we are looking for someone driven and passionate to join our mission!
As a Senior Data Scientist - Machine Learning Ops, you will be responsible for building, deploying and maintaining scalable machine learning models for GoStudent. You will work closely with Data Analysts, Data Engineers and other Data Scientists to design and implement ML solutions that optimise business processes and have a direct impact on value generation for our customers and business. In addition, you will lead the development of our ML operations processes and help define best practices for model management, versioning, testing and deployment.
- Develop and maintain scalable machine learning models that meet business requirements and performance standards
- Work closely with Data Analysts, Data Engineers and other Data Scientists to implement and optimize ML solutions in production environments
- Define and implement ML operations processes that ensure model accuracy, reliability and scalability
- Develop and implement best practices for model management, versioning, testing and deployment.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to identify opportunities for improving ML performance and efficiency.
- Mentor junior data scientists and share expertise in ML operations.
Who you are:
- Masters, PhD, or equivalent degree in a quantitative field (Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering, Information Management, Artificial Intelligence, etc.)
- 5+ years of experience in data science, with a focus on machine learning.
- Strong background in ML operations, including model management, versioning, testing and deployment
- Proven experience in deploying and maintaining large-scale data science models, with a track record of successful implementation and management in production environments
- Proficiency in SQL and Python. R is a plus
- Extensive knowledge of dev tools, such as Docker and Git
- Knowledge of standard data science libraries, such as Pandas and Sklearn
- Hands-on experience with ML frameworks, such as MLflow is a plus
- Experience with Airflow / AWS Redshift
- Data visualisation skills and experience in BI Tools (Tableau / Looker / etc.) is a plus
- Excellent problem-solving skills and ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Strong communication skills and ability to collaborate with cross-functional teams
What we offer you:
- An amazing and flexible startup atmosphere with highly motivated, funny and open-minded colleagues
- Individual opportunity to grow and develop your skills within a rapidly growing company through cross-departmental projects
- Flexible working hours
- International surrounding with private courses to improve your language skills
- Close collaboration with the management team
Do you want to get a taste of start-up vibes and unlock your creativity to master exciting challenges? Work in a fun and international team with a modern office and great public transport connections? Arrange your work hours flexibly and have the possibility to work from home or other GoStudent locations? Get all the free coffee you want and kick off your evening with some Playstation or happy hour on the rooftop terrace? Before we run out of breath, if this sounds good to you, then: board the rocket and fast-track your career at GoStudent.
What we offer:
- A unique opportunity to disrupt education
- The chance to grow and build your career in EdTech
- Diverse, driven, motivated and brave team members
- A flexible, hybrid work environment
- Regular team & office events
- GoStudent Employee Resource Groups
- 30 free tutoring lessons per year of employment
- A variety of online and in-person learning & development opportunities
- A comprehensive 24/7 Employee Support Programme for you and your family members
Do you want to reimagine education together with us and join a mission to believe in? Do you want to unlock your creativity and advance your career by mastering exciting challenges together with an international, driven team? We believe in multiple choice answers and give you the flexibility to decide how and where you work best. We are here to support your goals and to discover how far we can reach by growing smarter and stronger together. You’ll play a pivotal role within a diverse and passionate team, unlocking each other’s full potential. If this sounds good to you, then join us now and unlock your full potential.
Learn more here: https://www.gostudent.org/en/team-and-careers
Please update your CV/Resume in PDF format.