Senior Tax Manager
Reimagining the future of education with us
Are you passionate about disrupting the future of education and to make a real impact? Do you want a career in an edtech company that is innovative and rewarding? Join us and enjoy working alongside an international team of talented thinkers, doers and magic makers.
We reimagine learning by enabling every student in the world to unlock their full potential through affordable and inspiring lessons from quality tutors chosen to fit their individual needs. To make our mission reality, we are on the lookout for those adventurous and hungry to join our mission!
As a Senior Tax Manager, you will work on a full range of domestic and international tax matters, align closely with local and foreign tax advisors and participate in the structuring of group tax strategies and products:
- Oversee tax operations, compliance obligations and documentation for GoStudent entities globally
- Main point of contact for international tax matters, in particular transfer pricing, cross-border VAT implications and tax reporting (e.g. DAC7, Digital Tax Reporting)
- Assist in developing and implementing tax planning strategies for the whole group and tax examination and tax structuring of new products and services.
- Assist in providing internal support to other departments, in particular accounting and the whole finance team, legal, HR, Data Team, on all tax-related matters.
- Cooperate with the whole Finance Team to constantly improve the tax compliance process (Tax CMS) and to ensure Tax reporting for consolidation and Q closings.
- Work with external tax advisors to manage tax audits and other tax-related inquiries.
- Stay up-to-date on changes in tax laws and regulations, and advise the company on the potential impact of such changes.
Who you are:
- Master degree in Economics, (Tax) Law, or Finance and preferably additional qualification as certified Tax Advisor,L.LM or similar degree
- A minimum of five years of professional experience in tax & transfer pricing, preferably in a multinational company environment and/or international tax advisory firm, preferably financial industry
- Excellent knowledge of international transfer pricing regulations, as well as managing large sets of data
- Fluency in English. German would be ideal and other languages are beneficial.
- Team player, process oriented and hands-on
- Motivated to work in a fast paced ever changing start-up environment
- Fact based strategic and analytical thinking with ability to deep dive without losing the broader perspective
What we offer:
- A unique opportunity to disrupt education
- The chance to grow and build your career in EdTech
- Diverse, driven, motivated and brave team members
- A flexible, hybrid work environment
- Regular team & office events
- GoStudent Employee Resource Groups
- 30 free tutoring lessons per year of employment
- A variety of online and in-person learning & development opportunities
- A comprehensive 24/7 Employee Support Programme for you and your family members
Do you want to reimagine education together with us and join a mission to believe in? Do you want to unlock your creativity and advance your career by mastering exciting challenges together with an international, driven team? We believe in multiple choice answers and give you the flexibility to decide how and where you work best. We are here to support your goals and to discover how far we can reach by growing smarter and stronger together. You’ll play a pivotal role within a diverse and passionate team, unlocking each other’s full potential. If this sounds good to you, then join us now and unlock your full potential.
Learn more here: https://www.gostudent.org/en/team-and-careers
Please update your CV/Resume in PDF format.