Design Intern, Retain Group
Reimagining the future of education with us
Are you passionate about disrupting the future of education and to make a real impact? Do you want a career in an edtech company that is innovative and rewarding? Join us and enjoy working alongside an international team of talented thinkers, doers and magic makers.
We reimagine learning by enabling every student in the world to unlock their full potential through affordable and inspiring lessons from quality tutors chosen to fit their individual needs. To make our mission reality, we are on the lookout for those adventurous and hungry to join our mission!
As Design Intern for Retain Group you will be responsible for helping to execute from a design perspective on our product strategy to retain calm Parents, confident Students, and empowered Tutors. You will learn and work closely with Product Managers, Designers, Functional Experts in Tutoring and Customer Support, as well as Engineers mainly from our App Squad but also supporting Parent/Student Dashboard, Tutor Experience, and Classroom Squads.
Your responsibilities will be:
- Providing creative inputs and contribute to the design process within Product and overall at GoStudent
- Presenting and defending design concepts and decisions
- Participating in cross-functional design reviews for various initiatives and take ownership of design quality across consumer and internal tools
- Creating intuitive, elegant, and functional product experiences that align with GoStudent's brand standards and industry best practices
- Producing design deliverables using Figma, including site maps, user flows, page flows, service maps, wireframes, prototypes, and more
- Effectively communicating design concepts to product managers, engineers, leadership, and internal stakeholders
- Seeking and embracing feedback, and regularly sharing work with the team, your lead, and stakeholders to improve design outcomes
- An open-minded and fast learner who builds trust within the team
- Detail-oriented with the ability to identify opportunities, define product specifications, and discover insights
- Passionate about delivering exceptional user experiences and incorporating design thinking principles
- Familiar with agile and lean development methodologies (Scrum, Kanban) and related tools (Jira/Confluence/Miro)
- An entrepreneur at heart, confident in your abilities with a structured and independent working style
- In love with the idea of working collaboratively and helping out your colleagues
- A self-starter that takes pride in excellent craftsmanship
- Strong aptitude for working on native App experiences
- Proficiency in Figma and/or other design tools
- Demonstrate proficiency in information architecture, multi-step and cross-platform flows, considering the holistic user experience and potential states (errors, successes, dead-ends)
- Ability to clearly present work and articulate the reasoning behind design decisions
- An online portfolio showcasing a strong focus on user advocacy, including examples of eCommerce design, mobile design, analytical decision-making, and strategic thinking
Bonus / Add-on's
- Experience with consumer brands and EdTech design
- Working knowledge of HTML/CSS/JS, with hands-on skills in rapid prototyping as a plus
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, able to effectively convey complex ideas and goals to different audiences
- Experience collaborating with User Research and Data Science to integrate qualitative and quantitative data into the design process, making data-driven decisions
In addition to the benefits listed in the original job description, as Design Intern for Retain Group you will:
- Learn from experienced product designers, product managers, and functional experts in Marketing and Sales
- Have the opportunity to share and implement your bold ideas from day 1
- Work in a cross-functional, international environment with highly motivated and open-minded colleagues
- Be part of a fast-growing scale up that is transforming the world of tutoring
- Work remotely or from any of our European offices, with the flexibility to shape your work environment according to your preferences and needs.
What we offer:
- A unique opportunity to disrupt education
- The chance to grow and build your career in EdTech
- Diverse, driven, motivated and brave team members
- A flexible, hybrid work environment
- Regular team & office events
- GoStudent Employee Resource Groups
- 30 free tutoring lessons per year of employment
- A variety of online and in-person learning & development opportunities
- A comprehensive 24/7 Employee Support Programme for you and your family members
Do you want to reimagine education together with us and join a mission to believe in? Do you want to unlock your creativity and advance your career by mastering exciting challenges together with an international, driven team? We believe in multiple choice answers and give you the flexibility to decide how and where you work best. We are here to support your goals and to discover how far we can reach by growing smarter and stronger together. You’ll play a pivotal role within a diverse and passionate team, unlocking each other’s full potential. If this sounds good to you, then join us now and unlock your full potential.
Learn more here: https://www.gostudent.org/en/team-and-careers
Please upload your CV/Resume in PDF format.