Senior/Staff Backend Developer (Remote)
Vienna, Vienna, Austria
We're seeking a Senior/Staff BackEnd Developer to make a significant contribution to our product's interface. Your work will ensure that our users enjoy a first-rate, intuitive experience that stands out in the market.
What you'll do:
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to design, develop, and roll out new features to help students realize their full potential and free our tutors from annoying overhead
- Seamlessly integrate with our backend utilizing GRPC, GRPC-web, WebSockets (Legacy) and REST APIs to build all-encompassing solutions
- Shape and future-proof our platform and tooling
- Support with bug fixing and application performance enhancements
- Ensure all code is written to the highest standard, is easily maintainable, scalable, optimized for peak performance and coherent with our coding guidelines
- Share your knowledge and provide mentorship to fellow developers in the team
Who you are:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of professional experience in back-end development
- You have experience with ElasticSearch or Scylla and Apache Cassandra
- Demonstrable experience with a microservices architecture
- Solid understanding various communication protocols such as webGRPC, REST APIs, and WebSockets.
- Deep understanding of backend architectures and data-driven development
- Understanding how your design decisions impact performance
- Excellent debugging and optimization skills
- Superior problem-solving skills with a strong attention to detail
- Working proficiency in English.
- Experience working in a Scrum development process
- Prior experience in a similar role within a fast-growing tech scale-up
- Familiarity with automated testing suites (Jest)
- Knowledge of performance testing frameworks (Jest)
Your way to unlock your full potential
- Disrupting Education: Join us for a unique opportunity to disrupt the traditional education landscape. It's not just a job; it's a chance to be part of something big and meaningful.
- Global Dream Team: Say hello to an international and diverse crew of thinkers, doers, and magic makers. Get ready to be inspired daily by your colleagues from around the world.
- Work, Your Way: We offer a flexible, hybrid work environment that respects your need for work-life harmony with 2/3 remote days a week & 5 fully remote weeks a year so you can shine in a way that suits you best.
- Office Shenanigans: Our regular team and office events will keep your spirits high. We believe in bonding, celebrating, and having a blast together.
- Strength in Unity: Join one of our GoStudent Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) and be part of communities that champion causes you're passionate about.
- Growing is LIT: The sky's the limit in our EdTech playground. Access a wide array of online and in-person learning and development opportunities to build your career as high as your dreams can take you.
- Support Around the Clock: We've got your back 24/7. Enjoy a comprehensive Employee Support Programme that's not just for you but for your loved ones too.
Life at GoStudent:
Do you want to reimagine education together with us and join a mission to believe in?
GoStudent is one of the world’s leading tutoring providers and education platforms. We’re also a unicorn and have raised more than €675m investment to date. Together with our acquisitions Seneca Learning, Tus Media, Fox Education and Studienkreis, we currently support more than 11 million families each month to fulfil our vision to help each student reach their full potential.
We are passionate about disrupting the future of education and making a real impact. Join our journey and unlock your creativity and advance your career by mastering exciting challenges together with an international, driven team. We are here to support your goals and to discover how far we can reach by growing smarter and stronger together. If this sounds good to you, then join us now and unlock your full potential.
At GoStudent, we are an open and welcoming bunch that values your unique skills, passion, and potential. We don't hire based on age, gender, nationality, or political views, but rather focus on your talent and motivation to contribute to the future of learning. Even if you are a unicorn - just as GoStudent is: if you believe that you can make a positive impact, we encourage you to throw your hat in the ring & to apply, regardless of whether you meet every requirement. Our team is diverse, and we believe that this diversity fosters creativity and innovation, making us a better company. Join us in reimagining the future of learning!
Learn more here: https://www.gostudent.org/en/team-and-careers
Please upload your CV/Resume in PDF format, preferably in English, as a DOC format might not be supported.