PR & Communication Manager (Turkey)
Istanbul - Turkish - m/w/d
GoStudent is an Edtech platform disrupting the tutoring market and bridging the knowledge gaps of young students. +86M€ raised from international investors such as Leftlane Capital and DN Capital. +400 employees spread over our 7 offices across Europe. It is our vision to one day unlock the full potential of every student in the world - for a self-determined future. That is why we work passionately on building the no. 1 global school by finding the ideal teacher for every student - affordable and top-quality!
- Generate crazy and bold ideas to attract the awareness of parents, students, tutors and future talents to make the GoStudent brand f*cking famous!
- Generate and execute outstanding and provocative public relations strategies and campaigns for Turkey.
- Execute all public relations activities, leverage existing media relationships and build strong relationships within industry and media in the way you feel it makes sense - coffee, dinner, beers?
- Closely work together with the Head of Communications based in Vienna and Country Manager Turkey to design media relations campaigns, seeking high-level placements in print, broadcast, online media, and conferences to build up the need for (online) tutoring and position GoStudent as the no. 1 player for tutoring in Turkey!
- Research and identify emerging issues and trends affecting education and create appealing stories around it.
- Write press releases that are not boring and create fun content to attract journalists and bloggers’ interest in alignment with the Head of Communications.
- Be fast or be last: Use principles of rapid responses and news-hijacking to build awareness of GoStudent based on the current media agendas.
- It is all about results - Monitor, analyze and communicate PR results on a regular basis.
- Support the Branding, Social Media and SEO/Content teams to create compelling content.
- Co-manage the Social Media Channels: Linkedin, Twitter and Instagram and create attractive content for them.
- Develop in coordination with the Head of Communications in Vienna to engage and inform our people.
- As a PR & Comms Manager, you are a role model for your colleagues when it comes to international communications! You’ll be the vital link between Turkey’s office and our HQ in Vienna and will ensure that both GoStudent culture is enlivened in your location and that communication between your location and HQ flows easily!
Who you are:
- You are tough and authentic. You stand your ground. You are not the polished PR lady or gentlemen.
- You are bold, creative and are not afraid to provoke.
- You are hands-on. You like to plan AND execute. Calling journalists, handling media lists, creating social media content is something that you enjoy doing.
- You think in 360-degree-stories instead of press conferences and press releases.
- Some of the journalists in your country are your friends, or you have at least good relationships with them.
- You can show us what you have done in the past with a proven track record in designing and executing successful PR strategies and campaigns.
- You have a BA/MA degree in Journalism, Communications, Public Relations or a related discipline.
- You have exceptional writing and editing skills in Turkish and are fluent in English.
- You have a passion for working with social media, including Linkedin, Twitter, Instagram, Blogs, etc.
- You have excellent communication and presentation skills.
- You are organized, structured and have attention to detail.
- You thrive in a fast-paced, chaotic and innovative environment.
What we offer you:
- A unique chance to be an early member of a rapidly growing team with a fast-track career opportunity.
- Participate in the creation of an international, diverse PR & Communication team from an early stage.
- A fantastic and flexible startup atmosphere with highly motivated and open-minded colleagues.
- Flexible working hours, partly from home and in our modern office in Turkey.
- International surrounding with private courses to improve your language skills.
Apply now and join our team of 400+ employees, 3,000+ tutors and 10,000+ customers (growing at 20% MoM!) and be part of the change in Education!