(Senior) Frontend Engineer
At GoStudent, we work passionately every day to fulfil our mission in building the #1 global school and unlocking the potential of every student through personalised tutoring! GoStudent is a leading international scale-up and venture-backed EdTech platform that is revolutionising the world of tutoring. Having seen some incredible growth, GoStudent is now building out its foundations for an exciting and sustainable future. With this in mind, we are looking for someone driven and passionate to join our mission!
What you’ll do:
- Learning experience: Together with our development team, you conceptualize and implement new features that help students realize their full potential and free our tutors from annoying overhead.
- Clean Code: Produce clean and well-tested Frontend code, diagnose defects and provide effective solutions.
- Agile teams: Work alongside Product Managers, UX Designers, QA Engineers & our Backend team with colleagues from Sofia and Vienna.
- Internal processes: In order to make our processes even more effective, efficient and scalable, you develop tools and workflows that help us to be even better.
- Proactivity: You like to try out new things, have ideas to challenge the status quo, you are not afraid of mistakes and roll up your sleeves to make things happen. Besides that, you are a self-organized and independently working person.
Who you are:
- You have min. 3 years of relevant professional experience in web development
- You bring a high level of experience with React & Redux in a productive environment, as well as a good knowledge of modern web technologies (websockets etc.)
- Experience with Backend (esp. NodeJs, Golang and ideally microservice architectures) is a plus
- You are a problem solver, finding solutions for everything
- You are curious and bring interest in modern web technologies and willingness for personal further education
- You have a solid understanding of the challenges of large-scale web applications (e.g. optimization on various end devices; awareness that a connection can be 100Mbit or 3G)
- Your eye for design and the ability to implement designs 1:1 sets you apart
- Your English is on a Working proficiency level
What we offer you:
- International relocation expenses covered
- A unique opportunity to be an early member of a rapidly growing team with a fast-track career opportunity
- An amazing and flexible startup atmosphere with highly motivated, young and open-minded colleagues
- Flexible working hours
- International surrounding with private courses to improve your language skills
Do you want to get a taste of start-up vibes and unlock your creativity to master exciting challenges? Work in a fun and international team with a modern office and great public transport connections? Arrange your work hours flexibly and have the possibility to work from home or other GoStudent locations? Get all the free coffee you want and kick off your evening with some Playstation or happy hour on the rooftop terrace? Before we run out of breath, if this sounds good to you, then: board the rocket and fast-track your career at GoStudent.
If you are uploading a CV/Resume please do so only in PDF format