Be at the forefront of innovation in the education sector!
PR & Communication Manager (Italy)
Milan - It/En - m/w/d
GoStudent is an Edtech platform disrupting the tutoring market and bridging the knowledge gaps of young students. +16M€ raised from international investors such as Leftlane Capital and DN Capital. 250+ employees spread over our offices in Vienna, Berlin, Lyon, and Madrid. It is our vision to one day unlock the full potential of every student in the world - for a self-determined future.
That is why we work passionately on building the no. 1 global school by finding the ideal teacher for every student - affordable and in top-quality! This is a unique opportunity to make a significant impact in Education. Are you up to the challenge?
What you’ll do:
- Generate crazy and bold ideas to attract the awareness of parents, students, tutors and future talents to make the GoStudent brand f*cking famous!
- Generate and execute outstanding and provocative public relations strategies and campaigns for Italy.
- Execute all public relations activities, leverage existing media relationships, and build strong relationships within industry and media in the way you feel it makes sense - coffee, dinner, beers?
- Work closely with the Head of Communications based in Vienna and Country Manager Italy to design media relations campaigns by seeking high-level placements in print, broadcast, online media, and conferences to build up the need for (online) tutoring and position GoStudent as the no. 1 player for tutoring in Italy!
- Research and identify emerging issues and trends affecting education and create appealing stories around it.
- Write press releases that are not boring and create fun content to attract journalists and bloggers in alignment with Head of Communications.
- Be fast or be last: Use principles of rapid responses and news-hijacking to build awareness of GoStudent based on the current media agendas.
- It is all about results - Monitor, analyze and communicate PR results regularly.
- Support the Branding, Social Media and SEO/Content teams to create compelling content.
- Co-manage the Social Media Channels Linkedin, Twitter and Instagram and create engaging content for it.
- Develop in coordination with Head of Communications in Vienna to engage and inform our people.
- As a PR & Comms Manager, you are a role model for your colleagues when it comes to international communications! You’ll be the vital link between the office in Milan and our HQ in Vienna and ensure that both GoStudent culture is enlivened and that communication between your location and HQ flows smoothly!
Who you are:
- You are tough, authentic and stand your ground. You are not the polished PR lady or gentlemen.
- You are bold, creative and are not afraid to provoke.
- You are hands-on. You like to plan AND execute. Calling journalists, handling media lists, creating social media content is something that you enjoy doing.
- You think in 360-degree-stories instead of press conferences and press releases.
- Some of the journalists in your country are your friends, or you have good relationships with them.
- You can show us what you have done in the past with a proven track record in designing and executing successful PR strategies and campaigns.
- You have a BA/MA degree in Journalism, Communications, Public Relations or a related discipline.
- You have exceptional writing and editing skills in Italian and are fluent in English.
- You have a passion for working with social media, including Linkedin, Twitter, Instagram, blogs, etc.
- You have excellent communication and presentation skills.
- You are organized, structured and have attention to detail.
- You thrive in a fast-paced, chaotic and innovative environment.
What we offer you:
- A unique chance to be an early member of a rapidly growing team with a fast-track career opportunity.
- Participate in the creation of an international, diverse PR & Communication team from an early stage.
- A fantastic and flexible startup atmosphere with highly-motivated and open-minded colleagues.
- Flexible working hours, partly from home and in our modern office in Milan.
- International surrounding with private courses to improve your language skills.
Apply now and join our team of 250+ employees, 2,000+ tutors and 8,000+ customers (growing at 20% MoM!) and be part of the change in Education!Apply now