Data Analyst - BI & Retention Analytics
Vienna, Vienna, Austria
As a Senior Data Analyst - Retention Analytics, you will be responsible for analyzing and reporting on data related to customer retention at GoStudent. You will support the full cycle of an experiment (from data-driven hypothesis generation to test design to analysis and interpretation) while also innovating on experimental methodologies that allow us to obtain meaningful results. You will design, develop, troubleshoot, debug, evaluate, support and publish in-depth data interpretation to support decision-making for the customer success team (customer service, customer value management, tutors support, product analytics). You will work in a team with fellow data analysts, scientists, and engineers as well as directly with campaign managers and sales managers.
What you’ll do:
- Apply your expertise in quantitative analysis and the presentation of data to design and implement data solutions supporting initiatives such as lead generation, targeting, and personalization
- Drive decision-making through experimentation (setup, calibrate and execute A/B tests), data analysis, and developing best practices
- Use statistical techniques for strategic deep dives in order to spot trends, find anomalies and generate actions
- Ensure data accuracy, completeness, and consistency across acquisition-related data sources
- Continuously monitor and improve data quality and integrity
- Develop and maintain data models and self-service dashboards to track acquisition metrics and KPIs
- Support, consult and challenge colleagues on data-driven decisions, testing and predictive algorithms.
- Create the reports and dashboards in Tableau to demonstrate the results of your analysis
- Convey a data-driven story to technical and non-technical audiences around key acquisition insights
- Exchange and share expertise in data analytics, visualization, and storytelling.
Who you are:
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in a quantitative field (such as statistics, mathematics, computer science, or economics)
- 5+ years of experience in data analytics, preferably with a focus on experimentation
- Proficiency in SQL and Excel. Python is a plus.
- Expertise in data visualisation tools such as Tableau
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Hands-on experience of applying statistical theory to the business applications
- Experience with customer analytics, product analytics, customer data platforms and A/B testing is a plus
- Excellent data storytelling skills - you transform large datasets into a compelling and easily understandable narrative that can be presented to a wide range of audiences, from executives to sales and marketing teams
- You bring a hustler mentality - you get your hands dirty and do what it takes to bring results
- Working proficiency in English
Your way to unlock your full potential
- Disrupting Education: Join us for a unique opportunity to disrupt the traditional education landscape. It's not just a job; it's a chance to be part of something big and meaningful.
- Global Dream Team: Say hello to an international and diverse crew of thinkers, doers, and magic makers. Get ready to be inspired daily by your colleagues from around the world.
- Work, Your Way: We offer a flexible, hybrid work environment that respects your need for work-life harmony with 2/3 remote days a week & 5 fully remote weeks a year so you can shine in a way that suits you best.
- Office Shenanigans: Our regular team and office events will keep your spirits high. We believe in bonding, celebrating, and having a blast together.
- Strength in Unity: Join one of our GoStudent Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) and be part of communities that champion causes you're passionate about.
- Growing is LIT: The sky's the limit in our EdTech playground. Access a wide array of online and in-person learning and development opportunities to build your career as high as your dreams can take you.
- Support Around the Clock: We've got your back 24/7. Enjoy a comprehensive Employee Support Programme that's not just for you but for your loved ones too.
Life at GoStudent:
Do you want to reimagine education together with us and join a mission to believe in?
GoStudent is one of the world’s leading tutoring providers and education platforms. We’re also a unicorn and have raised more than €675m investment to date. Together with our acquisitions Seneca Learning, Tus Media, Fox Education and Studienkreis, we currently support more than 11 million families each month to fulfil our vision to help each student reach their full potential.
We are passionate about disrupting the future of education and making a real impact. Join our journey and unlock your creativity and advance your career by mastering exciting challenges together with an international, driven team. We are here to support your goals and to discover how far we can reach by growing smarter and stronger together. If this sounds good to you, then join us now and unlock your full potential.
At GoStudent, we are an open and welcoming bunch that values your unique skills, passion, and potential. We don't hire based on age, gender, nationality, or political views, but rather focus on your talent and motivation to contribute to the future of learning. Even if you are a unicorn - just as GoStudent is: if you believe that you can make a positive impact, we encourage you to throw your hat in the ring & to apply, regardless of whether you meet every requirement. Our team is diverse, and we believe that this diversity fosters creativity and innovation, making us a better company. Join us in reimagining the future of learning!
Learn more here: https://www.gostudent.org/en/team-and-careers
Please upload your CV/Resume in PDF format, preferably in English, as a DOC format might not be supported.