Full Stack Engineer
Zdalnie / Sofia - English - m/w/d
At GoStudent, we work passionately every day to fulfil our mission in building the #1 global school and unlocking the potential of every student through personalised tutoring! GoStudent is a leading international scale-up and venture-backed EdTech platform that is revolutionising the world of tutoring. With €591m raised in investment to date, we have some ambitious plans ahead, in the form of M&A, product development and sustainable growth. With that in mind, we are looking for someone experienced and passionate to join our mission!
- Learning experience: Together with our development team, you conceptualise and implement new features as well as the backend logic that allows us to reach as many prospective students and tutors as possible.
- Architecture: You will guide the team as we transition to a modern consistent architecture for serving our pages. You will help design, architect and build our next generation tooling.
- Hands On: Our technical career path allows Engineering progression without the need to head into people management. You’ll remain close to the code, directing and applying your technical knowledge for the benefit of the wider team.
- Clean Code: Produce clean and well-tested Frontend and Backend code, diagnose defects and provide effective solutions.
- Agile teams: Work alongside Product Managers, UX Designers, QA Engineers & our Developer team with colleagues from all over Europe (and beyond!).
- Internal processes: In order to make our processes even more effective, efficient and scalable, you’ll develop tools and workflows that help us to be even better.
- Proactivity: You like to try out new things, have ideas to challenge the status quo, you are not afraid of mistakes and to roll up your sleeves to make things happen. Besides that, you are a self-organised and independently working person.
Who you are:
- You’ve been there and done that. You’ve built out large scale, multi region, multi language websites that are consistently at the top of search engine results pages.
- Min. 3 years of relevant professional experience in web development (backend and frontend).
- You bring a high level of experience with React, Next.js, Redux & TypeScript in a productive environment, as well as a good knowledge of modern web technologies (websockets etc.)
- High level of experience with NodeJs as well as excellent knowledge of Websockets and REST; experience with Golang is a plus.
- High level of experience with messaging queue/broker - NATS, RabbitMQ, Redis or similar.
- High level of experience with SEO techniques. What makes a page good from an SEO perspective, and what the many pitfalls are.
- High level of experience with SQL and NoSQL databases.
- High level of experience with building distributed applications and services.
- Working proficiency in English.
What we offer you:
- An amazing and flexible scaleup atmosphere with highly motivated and open- minded colleagues.
- Modern & developer friendly TechStack (React, Redux, NodeJS, Golang)
- Opportunity to be creative and have a direct impact on the product.
- Flexible working hours; partly from home and in our modern offices or fully remote.
- Career paths and the opportunity for professional career development.
- International surrounding with private courses to improve your language skills.
- Team events on a regular basis; coffee and snacks for free all week, beer and wine on Friday evenings.
As we continue to revolutionise the world of tutoring, we are looking for born leaders who feel right at home in a competitive and fast-paced environment. Are you daring and looking to make a difference? Would you like to share your expertise and support GoStudent in achieving its goals quickly, in close cooperation with our C-Level management and founders? As a part of the management team, you’ll be able to implement your big ideas, build processes and structures that ensure our ongoing growth, and lead a motivated and passionate team to ensure they unlock their full potential! If this sounds good to you - board the rocket, fast-track your career and get ready to join us in revolutionising the world of tutoring!