Senior Data Engineer
Reimagining the future of education with us
Are you passionate about disrupting the future of education and to make a real impact? Do you want a career in an edtech company that is innovative and rewarding? Join us and enjoy working alongside an international team of talented thinkers, doers and magic makers.
We reimagine learning by enabling every student in the world to unlock their full potential through affordable and inspiring lessons from quality tutors chosen to fit their individual needs. To make our mission reality, we are on the lookout for those adventurous and hungry to join our mission!
At GoStudent, we work passionately every day to fulfil our mission in building the #1 global school and unlocking the potential of every student through personalised tutoring! GoStudent is a leading international scale-up and venture-backed EdTech platform that is revolutionising the world of tutoring. Having seen some incredible growth, GoStudent is now building out its foundations for an exciting and sustainable future. With this in mind, we are looking for someone driven and passionate to join our mission!
- Data Integration: You have the responsibility for building and maintaining data integration pipelines from various sources (internal back-end data, ads platform, google analytics, CRM API) and have experience of scheduling jobs using tools like Airflow to orchestrate the data pipelines.
- Data Preparation: You prepare use case ready datasets in the Data Lake and data marts in the Data Warehouse for our finance, marketing, sales, customer success & data science teams
- Data Warehousing: You operate, maintain, model and develop our cloud based data warehouse for the analytics and Bi Specialist teams to consume
- Data Infrastructure: You support the team to build a state-of-the art Data Lake to feed our DWH and act as a source for analytics workloads
- Data Visualization: You have experience of BI front end tools and are capable of building reports/dashboards to monitor data quality and pipeline status
- Quality Assurance: You have experience of using DQ and Data Catalogue tools and platforms to ensure quality and visibility of the data in our landscape
Who you are:
- Masters, PhD, or equivalent experience in a quantitative field (Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering, Information Management, Artificial Intelligence, etc.)
- High level of experience with common data engineering toolkits, cloud solutions, ETL tools and APIs
- Confident in Python and Spark based scripting
- Very strong knowledge of SQL in an analytical database scenario
- Long experience of data modeling in relational databases - especially data mart creation
- Experience working with AWS cloud solutions is positive
What we offer you:
- A unique opportunity to be an early member of a rapidly growing team with a fast-track career opportunity
- An amazing and flexible startup atmosphere with highly motivated, young and open-minded colleagues
- Flexible working hours
- International surrounding with private courses to improve your language skills
Do you want to get a taste of start-up vibes and unlock your creativity to master exciting challenges? Work in a fun and international team with a modern office and great public transport connections? Arrange your work hours flexibly and have the possibility to work from home or other GoStudent locations? Get all the free coffee you want and kick off your evening with some Playstation or happy hour on the rooftop terrace? Before we run out of breath, if this sounds good to you, then: board the rocket and fast-track your career at GoStudent.
What we offer:
- A unique opportunity to disrupt education
- The chance to grow and build your career in EdTech
- Diverse, driven, motivated and brave team members
- A flexible, hybrid work environment
- Regular team & office events
- GoStudent Employee Resource Groups
- 30 free tutoring lessons per year of employment
- A variety of online and in-person learning & development opportunities
- A comprehensive 24/7 Employee Support Programme for you and your family members
Do you want to reimagine education together with us and join a mission to believe in? Do you want to unlock your creativity and advance your career by mastering exciting challenges together with an international, driven team? We believe in multiple choice answers and give you the flexibility to decide how and where you work best. We are here to support your goals and to discover how far we can reach by growing smarter and stronger together. You’ll play a pivotal role within a diverse and passionate team, unlocking each other’s full potential. If this sounds good to you, then join us now and unlock your full potential.
Learn more here: https://www.gostudent.org/en/team-and-careers
Please update your CV/Resume in PDF format.