Senior Legal Counsel (all genders)
Vienna, Vienna, Austria
To enhance our dedicated team of six in the legal department, we are seeking an experienced Senior Legal Counsel to join our team in Vienna. As a Senior Legal Counsel, you will focus on a wide range of domestic and international legal matters, collaborate closely with internal departments, and contribute to the development of our legal strategies.
Location: Vienna (Hybrid)
- Participating in the development and implementation of legal strategies for the entire group.
- Advising internal stakeholders on legal-related strategic projects.
- Drafting and negotiating contracts with external counterparts on diverse business-related legal matters.
- Further developing the business model and our products and services.
- Working with external legal advisors to manage international legal matters.
- Collaborating with fellow legal team members and other departments to contribute to the success of GoStudent.
- Conducting regular legal training and workshops for internal teams, ensuring awareness and understanding of pertinent regulations and compliance requirements.
Who you are:
- A law degree from an Austrian university or an equivalent foreign qualification. Holding a bar exam would be considered an additional asset.
- A minimum of three to five years of professional experience, ideally gained in a renowned law firm and/or as an in-house legal counsel, preferably in a dynamic multinational setting.
- Excellent expertise in commercial law is a must.
- Experience in corporate law, mergers and acquisitions, finance and/or in data protection law is a very valuable addition.
- Drafting legal documents comes naturally to you, demonstrating your keen attention to detail.
- Professional fluency in German and English, complemented by outstanding communication and interpersonal skills.
- You're adept at managing and engaging with a diverse range of stakeholders.
- A responsible, solution-oriented and results-driven mindset is integral to your professional performance.
Your way to unlock your full potential
- Disrupting Education: Join us for a unique opportunity to disrupt the traditional education landscape. It's not just a job; it's a chance to be part of something big and meaningful.
- Global Dream Team: Say hello to an international and diverse crew of thinkers, doers, and magic makers. Get ready to be inspired daily by your colleagues from around the world.
- Work, Your Way: We offer a flexible, hybrid work environment that respects your need for work-life harmony with 2/3 remote days a week & 5 fully remote weeks a year so you can shine in a way that suits you best.
- Office Shenanigans: Our regular team and office events will keep your spirits high. We believe in bonding, celebrating, and having a blast together.
- Strength in Unity: Join one of our GoStudent Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) and be part of communities that champion causes you're passionate about.
- Growing is LIT: The sky's the limit in our EdTech playground. Access a wide array of online and in-person learning and development opportunities to build your career as high as your dreams can take you.
- Support Around the Clock: We've got your back 24/7. Enjoy a comprehensive Employee Support Programme that's not just for you but for your loved ones too.
Life at GoStudent:
Do you want to reimagine education together with us and join a mission to believe in?
GoStudent is one of the world’s leading tutoring providers and education platforms. We’re also a unicorn and have raised more than €675m investment to date. Together with our acquisitions Seneca Learning, Tus Media, Fox Education and Studienkreis, we currently support more than 11 million families each month to fulfil our vision to help each student reach their full potential.
We are passionate about disrupting the future of education and making a real impact. Join our journey and unlock your creativity and advance your career by mastering exciting challenges together with an international, driven team. We are here to support your goals and to discover how far we can reach by growing smarter and stronger together. If this sounds good to you, then join us now and unlock your full potential.
At GoStudent, we are an open and welcoming bunch that values your unique skills, passion, and potential. We don't hire based on age, gender, nationality, or political views, but rather focus on your talent and motivation to contribute to the future of learning. Even if you are a unicorn - just as GoStudent is: if you believe that you can make a positive impact, we encourage you to throw your hat in the ring & to apply, regardless of whether you meet every requirement. Our team is diverse, and we believe that this diversity fosters creativity and innovation, making us a better company. Join us in reimagining the future of learning!
Learn more here: https://www.gostudent.org/en/team-and-careers
Please upload your CV/Resume in PDF format, preferably in English, as a DOC format might not be supported.