Head of Paid Search (all genders)
Berlin, Berlin, Germany
We are looking for a highly skilled and experienced digital marketer to lead and support our expert team in taking our Paid Search setup to the next level. We are having a complex account setup with multiple brands acquiring traffic across 9 markets. Paid Search is a core marketing channel at GoStudent and you will therefore have a direct and big impact in ensuring we will reach our ambitious growth target as a company. You will be working with industry experts across Data, Analytics, CRO, MarTech, Sales and Finance who will all support you in reaching these targets. Are you up to the challenge?
- Strategic ownership of Paid Search; Identifying, scoping and driving projects to take our campaign setup to the next level
- Accountable for reaching our ambitious Paid Search customer and CAC targets
- Be our thought leader within Paid Search by always keeping up with industry trends and use these to define our internal best practices
- Lead and mentor a team of highly-skilled Paid Search Experts to ensure continuous professional development
- Work closely with MarTech team to identify ways to streamline and automate our setup to ensure resources are allocated to most value-creating tasks
- Work closely with CRO, Data & Product teams to identify ways to optimise all touchpoints throughout the user journey.
- Establish a strong testing framework ensuring statistically significant impact on key business metrics.
- Turn data and customer insights into an actionable testing/optimisation roadmap.
Key challenges for you to solve in 2024:
- Account restructure: With the rest of the paid search team you will be responsible for defining best-in-class account/campaign setup and implementing across all our 9 markets with the objective of having a streamlined setup that ensures full auction coverage and a coherent user journey from search to conversion.
- Bidding sophistication: We are currently sophisticating our bidding by moving from bidding towards lead quantity (tCPA) to lead quality (tROAS). In close collaboration with our data and martech teams you will work on improving the bidding by ensuring all relevant signals are used to predict the likelihood of a conversion and the expected customer lifetime value. At the same time you will be experimenting with our target setting to understand the optimal target based on the expected auction elasticity.
- Multi-brand strategy: In most markets we are acquiring paid search traffic through 3 different brands (in some markets even 4 brands). You will be responsible for defining a multi-brand strategy that will allow us to capture as much traffic as possible while keeping a healthy marginal CAC. As part of this you will be doing multiple tests to understand the auction dynamics and how the spend levels of each brand are impacting the CPC of other brands.
- Pmax: Our previous tests of PMax have not been successful as the acquired leads were of a to low quality. With a more sophisticated bidding setup we now have the foundation in place and aim to make PMax a sizable share of our Paid Search investment in 2024. You will be responsible for ensuring a campaign, reporting and optimisation setup to make this a significant growth lever.
- Automation: An important part of your job will be to identify ways to optimise and automate key processes. This could include campaign creation, ad testing, keyword exclusion, setting up notifications for performance fluctuations etc. All with the aim of ensuring you and your team are spending your time on the most value-adding and exciting tasks.
Who you are:
- Among the very best Paid Search Experts in Europe
- 8+ years of Paid Search experience with a proven track record of successfully managing and growing campaigns with significant budgets
- Experience with budget setting/allocation
- Natural leader with experience in developing and leading high-performing teams
- Exceptional analytical and quantitative skills, with a data-driven approach to decision-making
- Deep technical understanding and experience with automating/streamlining manual processes (JS, SQL, Python knowledge considered a plus)
- Growth mindset always looking for new ways to improve and grow campaigns
- Strong people and communication skills with the ability to clearly communicate to all levels of the organisation.
- Experience working in a fast-paced start-up/scale-up environment (experience from sales-driven organisation considered a plus)
Your way to unlock your full potential
- Disrupting Education: Join us for a unique opportunity to disrupt the traditional education landscape. It's not just a job; it's a chance to be part of something big and meaningful.
- Global Dream Team: Say hello to an international and diverse crew of thinkers, doers, and magic makers. Get ready to be inspired daily by your colleagues from around the world.
- Work, Your Way: We offer a flexible, hybrid work environment that respects your need for work-life harmony with 2/3 remote days a week & 5 fully remote weeks a year so you can shine in a way that suits you best.
- Office Shenanigans: Our regular team and office events will keep your spirits high. We believe in bonding, celebrating, and having a blast together.
- Strength in Unity: Join one of our GoStudent Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) and be part of communities that champion causes you're passionate about.
- Growing is LIT: The sky's the limit in our EdTech playground. Access a wide array of online and in-person learning and development opportunities to build your career as high as your dreams can take you.
- Support Around the Clock: We've got your back 24/7. Enjoy a comprehensive Employee Support Programme that's not just for you but for your loved ones too.
Life at GoStudent:
Do you want to reimagine education together with us and join a mission to believe in?
GoStudent is one of the world’s leading tutoring providers and education platforms. We’re also a unicorn and have raised more than €675m investment to date. Together with our acquisitions Seneca Learning, Tus Media, Fox Education and Studienkreis, we currently support more than 11 million families each month to fulfil our vision to help each student reach their full potential.
We are passionate about disrupting the future of education and making a real impact. Join our journey and unlock your creativity and advance your career by mastering exciting challenges together with an international, driven team. We are here to support your goals and to discover how far we can reach by growing smarter and stronger together. If this sounds good to you, then join us now and unlock your full potential.
At GoStudent, we are an open and welcoming bunch that values your unique skills, passion, and potential. We don't hire based on age, gender, nationality, or political views, but rather focus on your talent and motivation to contribute to the future of learning. Even if you are a unicorn - just as GoStudent is: if you believe that you can make a positive impact, we encourage you to throw your hat in the ring & to apply, regardless of whether you meet every requirement. Our team is diverse, and we believe that this diversity fosters creativity and innovation, making us a better company. Join us in reimagining the future of learning!
Learn more here: https://www.gostudent.org/en/team-and-careers
Please upload your CV/Resume in PDF format, preferably in English, as a DOC format might not be supported.