(Senior) Backend Engineer (Warsaw)
Warsaw / Remote - English - m/w/d
At GoStudent, we work passionately every day to fulfill our mission in building the #1 global school! Headquartered in Vienna and founded in 2016, GoStudent is the leading, scale-up, venture-backed Edtech platform. With +591M€ raised from national and international investors we’re growing at 20 percent MoM and aiming for 5x-10x growth within our international markets in the next 12 months!
Learning experience: Together with our development team, you conceptualize and implement new features as well as the backend logic that help students realize their full potential and free our tutors from annoying overhead.
Clean Code: Produce clean and well-tested Frontend and Backend code, diagnose defects and provide effective solutions.
Agile teams: Work alongside Product Managers, UX Designers, QA Engineers & our Developer team with colleagues from Sofia and Vienna.
Internal processes: In order to make our processes even more effective, efficient and scalable, you develop tools and workflows that help us to be even better.
Proactivity: You like to try out new things, have ideas to challenge the status quo, you are not afraid of mistakes and roll up your sleeves to make things happen. Besides that, you are a self-organized and independently working person.
Who you are:
- Min. 3 years of relevant professional experience in (backend) web development.
- You also have experience with at least one of the following languages: C++, Java, C# or another broadly used statically typed language.
- You have experience with Apache Cassandra and ElasticSearch.
- You have a deep understanding of building scalable (microservice oriented) software and clean software design.
- You regularly test your software to ensure delivering high quality code.
- You have experience with NoSQL databases and you understand how your design decisions impact performance.
- You are experienced integrating third-party APIs.
- Working proficiency in English.
What we offer you:
- An amazing and flexible scaleup atmosphere with highly motivated and open- minded colleagues.
- Modern & developer friendly TechStack (React, Redux, NodeJS, Golang)
- Opportunity to be creative and have a direct impact on the product.
- Flexible working hours, in our modern office in Sofia, Bulgaria or fully remote.
- Trip to our HQ in Vienna for the Onboarding, meeting with the team and the founders.
- Career paths and the opportunity for professional career development
- International surrounding with private courses to improve your language skills.
- Team events on a regular basis; coffee and snacks for free all week, beer and wine on Friday evenings.
Would you like to bring in your expertise and support GoStudent in achieving its goals even faster? With us, you’ll be able to implement your bold ideas and build processes and structures that ensure our ongoing growth. Not only will your mentor support your personal development, you’ll also lead a motivated and passionate team to unlock their full potential. If this sounds good to you - board the rocket, fast-track your career and revolutionize with us the world of tutoring!